Written by: Taylor Morrison, Wellness Communications Intern, B.Sc. NANS
Yield: approximately 30 truffles
- 1 pack of thawed Inner Glow Superfoods açaí purée (Buy here: https://www.innerglowsuperfoods.ca/products/frozen-organic-acai-puree)
- ½ cup dates
- 1 cup cacao powder
- a pinch of salt
- Optional: ¼ - ½ cup coconut flour or oat flour if the truffle filling is too wet (will depend on the dryness of your dates)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Place açaí, dates, cacao, and salt in a food processor.
- If the mixture is still too wet to handle, add coconut or oat flour to the food processor and process until a dough forms.
- Roll filling into bite-sized balls.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 10 second increments until fully melted and runny.
- Dip filling into chocolate, remove with a tooth pick, and place on a wax paper-lined tray.
- Alternatively, place filling balls on wax paper-lined tray and drizzle with chocolate.
- Place truffles in the freezer for at least 1 hour and serve.
- If not serving that day, keep in freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Leave a comment