- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Sugar free
- Lectin free
- Nut free
- Keto friendly
- Paleo friendly
- Diabetes friendly
- 1 cup flax seeds
- ¾ cup raw hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup of water
- Your favourite sweetener to taste (several drops of stevia, monk fruit sweetener, or whatever you prefer)
- Preheat your oven to 300F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients
- Stir in the water and sweetener until completely combined.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes until the mixture to thickens up.
- Spread thinly (around 1/4″ thick) on the baking sheet – you may want to use a fork to help press the mixture down evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and break the granola apart into cracker-sized chunks (roughly a few inches squared).
- Continue to bake in the oven for about 30 more minutes or until the pieces are nice and crunchy.
- Take out of the oven, let cool and then break into smaller granola-sized chunks.
- Be sure the granola is completely cooled before transferring to an airtight container to be stored.
Note: This granola tastes fantastic on top of your acai bowls, in place of cereal with your favourite milk, or as crackers if you chop in larger squares! It was inspired by a combination of ketogenic, lectin free and nut free diets, so that literally EVERYONE should be able to enjoy this masterpiece!